Solar power is energy from the sun that is converted into thermal or electrical energy. Solar energy is the cleanest and most abundant renewable energy source available, and the U.S. has some of the richest solar resources in the world.
- How long will a conventional solar energy system last?
- How many solar panels will I need for my home, or to meet my energy needs?
- Is the production of electricity by solar energy noisy?
- Do I need a building permit to install a solar energy system?
- What is the typical payback period for a solar energy system?
- Can I use electricity from a solar energy system to charge my electric car?
- What are the advantages of solar energy over other sources of renewable energy like wind?
- What is solar energy technology?
- How does solar energy technology work?
- What are the different types of solar energy system installations?
Generating electricity with solar energy instead of fossil fuels can dramatically reduce greenhouse gas emissions, particularly carbon dioxide (CO2).
- How does solar energy help mitigate climate change?
- How does the environment benefit from solar energy technology?